Whether you're a landlord with one property or a large portfolio, Porters will manage your investment with the utmost professionalism and integrity.

We offer a 'fully managed', 'let and rent collection' or 'finder only' service, combined with a friendly, reliable approach and competitive fees. Porters can advise you on current landlord legislation and responsibilities to ease you through the process, always speaking honestly and clearly, to provide the knowledge and advice you need.

What makes Porters different?

 Three different service packages available

 Accurate and knowledgeable market appraisals

 Accompanied viewings including evening appointments

 Qualified members of staff to help you

 Professional Rent Guarantee options

 40+ page move in reports with photographic evidence

 Regular house checks with feedback reports and photos

 Qualified and knowledgeable dispute handlers for any bond disputes

 A team of qualified and trustworthy contractors with emergency call out


Porters Estate Agents are NAEA (National Association of Estate Agents), PropertyMark, The Property Ombudsman, AgentSafe and TDS (The Dispute Service) registered, which gives you and your tenants peace of mind.

If you have any questions, would like to book a FREE no obligation rental appraisal or would like to discuss moving your current tenanted properties to Porters Estate Agents, please ring us on 01656 766666. We have listed some information below which you may find useful.

For more information on the regulations in December 2022, please click the link below.


For more information click the headings below


Rent guarantee - Arranged direct with Rightmove (previously Van Mildert) referencing company who will confirm a cost

Costs associated with each tenancy that will be charged, including VAT:

Fully Managed Service cost                                     12%

Let and Rent Collection Service cost                        6% 

Finder Only Service cost                                            £450.00

Administration fee                                                      £140.00

Check In report                                                          £96.00

Legionnaires risk assessment                                   £80.00

FFHH Fit For Human Habitation certificate               £80.00

EPC Energy Performance Certificate                        £90.00

Floorplan (optional)                                                    £60.00


Costs for safety measures that will be put in place if none are provided to us, including VAT:

Gas safety certificate                                                 £65.00

Electrical safety certificate up to a 3 bedroom           £130.00

Electrical safety certificate 4 bedroom +                    £160.00

Fitted carbon monoxide alarm                                   £85.00

*All certificates must be supplied at least three days prior to the start of the tenancy. If they have not been provided, the necessary certificates will be provided by our contractors and you will be invoiced accordingly.


Costs for services that you may choose to use in the future, including VAT:

Renewal of tenancy                                                   £120.00

Check out report                                                        £150.00

Serving of all legal Notices                                        £90.00

Interim management visits                                        £60.00

Duplicate statements each                                        £5.00

Annual statements                                                     £40.00

Assistance and advice on legal matters including eviction per hour    £25.00

Changing managing agent or taking over management                      30%


Porters recommend that you change external doors locks for security reasons after each tenancy.


From Autumn 2015 Landlords in Wales are required by Law to register themselves and their properties, this law will be enforceable from Autumn 2016. If you are involved with any part of the managing of the property you will also need to obtain a license. If your property is managed by an agent, the agent will be licensed on your behalf.

Failure to comply with the new laws could result in fines, rent repayment schemes and being unable to serve a Section 21 Notice on your tenant.

Please follow this link for further information and to register

As a landlord, you must ensure that all upholstered furniture, soft furnishings, beds, mattresses, pillows, cushions, headboards, loose and stretch covers for furniture and seat pads supplied to a property as part of a letting must comply with these regulations.

Exempted items are: curtains, carpets, bed linen, duvets, period and antique furniture manufactured before 1950.

All furniture purchased new since 1st March 1990 should comply – if it does it will have a safety label attached to it at the point of sale. If in doubt, the items should be removed.

For more information, you can download a copy of the regulations here:

Under the above regulations, it is the landlord’s responsibility to ensure that all gas appliances (boilers, cookers, gas fires, pipework and flues) are maintained in good order and checked for safety at least every 12 months by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Landlords are obliged to give their tenants a copy of this gas safety record within 28 days of it being carried out. The regulations also state that you must retain the gas safety record for a period of 2 years. All appliances in properties let by Porters must be checked for safety by a Gas Safe registered engineer annually on the anniversary of the previous inspection. For more information please visit

As of 01 December 2022 Renting Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) (Wales) Regulations  All landlords in Wales must supply their tenants with an Electrical Safety Certificate which must be renewed every 5 years. Landlords have 12 months from December 2022 to comply with this regulation fitness-human-habitation-guidance-tenants-contract-holders-html

Smoke alarms

All From 01 December 2022 the  Renting Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) (Wales) Regulations  came into force. All landlords in wales need to ensure their properties meet the new legislation in order to be classified as 'fit for human habitation' or FFHH. New rules on  smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms  are stipulated as part of the regulations.

There are many financial issues which should be considered when letting property. All income generated from letting property in the UK is liable to UK tax, whether the Landlord lives in the UK or not. Rental income must be declared to the taxman using a Self-Assessment tax return. HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) assesses income individually, so a tax return must be completed by each legal owner of the property. Income tax is payable on the profit generated by letting your property. However, certain allowable expenses can be deducted to minimise your liability.

Non-Resident Landlords

If you do not live in the UK, Porters are required by law to deduct Basic Rate Tax from rent received and pay this to the taxman, unless we have authorisation from them to pay rent to you without deducting tax.

If your usual place of abode is outside the UK, you will need to apply to HMRC under the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme to receive your rent from us without deduction of tax. Porters can provide you with the appropriate form or it can be downloaded from

Individuals have a usual place of abode outside the UK if they usually live abroad. Individuals who leave the UK for over 6 months also have a usual place of abode outside the UK, even though their absence may be temporary and their local HMRC office continues to treat them as resident for tax purposes following their departure.

If your property is owned in joint names, you will both need to apply for approval to receive rent with no tax deducted. Once approval is granted by HMRC, we will be entitled to pay over rental income to you without deducting tax.

From 6th April 2007 legislation came into effect requiring that any landlord or agent who takes a deposit from a tenant for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy must safeguard it in an approved tenancy deposit scheme. Porters are a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, which is administered by The Dispute Service Ltd. For all Assured Shorthold Tenancies where we hold the deposit, it will be protected by this scheme. For more information about The Dispute Service please visit

From 1st October 2008, all rental properties are required to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) which rates the energy efficiency and environmental impact of your property on a scale from A to G. The EPC must be made available to prospective tenants before a new tenancy. The EPC will remain valid for 10 years.

Keeping your property in optimum condition will always pay dividends. Porters possesses vast experience, knowledge and enthusiasm that is entirely at your disposal. If you have any questions about refurbishing your property, just come and talk to us.

From one bedroom flats to six bedroom houses, we have an excellent track record in helping you maximise your rental potential.

What Our Clients Are Saying...


My husband and I have recently purchased in Laleston. We really wanted to say how great all members of your staff have been; showing us around the property on numerous occasions which never seemed like too much trouble, whilst also being really polite and friendly.

However, I would also like to call out Wyn who really has provided a brilliant service. He always kept us updated with any news on the property and always provided a very friendly demenor and his service was always first class.

Overall I would really recommend your company and will be using you in future. 

  - Anon

Read More